Featured Post

Harley Quinn

Still a fan of the original   Prints and 3D paper illustration available in my etsy shop! Visit https://www.etsy.com/shop/Re...

Search my stuff

Friday, February 19, 2016

Birthdays and Butterflies

I was presented with the opportunity to make a special gift for a sweet woman turning 100. I assumed that my usual  art would not be her favorite style so i thought for a while of what someone who has seen so many things in her life would want in her home. After speaking with the daughter for some time i learned that she likes nature and her favorite color is pink. Then i thought about my grandmother. She loved butterflies. She loved how free they were and how colorful some of their wings were and how peaceful the seem to make people feel.
That's when I realized that this birthday girl would probably appreciate something more picturesque than my usual character driven art.

So here it is, my 100th birthday gift commission. Hope she likes it.

Happy Birthday Dorris Ansel, your family loves you more than you know.



No comments:

Post a Comment